News & Articles
Browse all content by date.
2016 WORLD BEER CUP WINNERS FROM MINNESOTA AND WISCONSIN
Congratulations to the Minnesota and Wisconsin winners of the 2016 World Beer Cup, which was held May 3-6 in Philadelphia. The winners are:
• Insight Brewing Co. of Minneapolis, bronze for its Sunken City in the Belgian-Style Fruit Beer category, with 58 entries.
• Bemidji Brewing Co. of Bemidji, bronze for its German Blonde in the Golden or Blonde Ale category, with 82 entries.
• August Schell Brewing Co. of New Ulm, silver for Firebrick in the Vienna-Style Lager category, with 47 entries.
• Bauhaus Brew Labs of Minneapolis, bronze for its Wonderstuff in the International-Style Lager category, with 103 entries.
• Vintage Brewing Co., Madison, first-place gold for its Scaredy Cat in the Oatmeal Stout category, among 67 entries.
• Second Salem Brewing Co. of Whitewater, bronze for its Beast of Bray Road in the American-Style Amber/Red Ale category, with 96 entries.
• The Grumpy Troll Brewpub of Mount Horeb, silver for its Spetsnaz in the Export Stout category, with 52 entries.
• Miller Brewing Co. of Milwaukee, silver for Miller High Life in the American-Style Lager category, with 82 entries; gold for Miller Lite in the Light Lager category, with 45 entries. It was also recognized as the large brewer of the year.